Office 2010 Service Pack 1 has been released by Microsoft. See MS Knowledgebase article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2460049. The service pack can be downloaded from the article as well.
The main improvements to Access appear to be in the area of bug-fixes and stability. There are only three improvements listed in the KB article, but in the downloadable fix list there’s a much longer list of fixes.
Everybody has different priorities, but to my mind, here are some of the more important problems that were fixed:
- Access does not activate or return the user to the correct Ribbon tab for a previously opened database object when the user returns to that object.
- Access Wizards are not loaded correctly when "Disable all controls without notification" is selected in Trust Center.
- The program crashes when you apply a sort to a query that is based on a multi-value field.
- "Reserved error -5500" occurs when you try to run a cross-tab query that would generate null values in the column names of the query.
- "Object invalid or no longer set" error occurs when you try to use an ALTER TABLE query to change a field type or size.
- You cannot relink tables in Access databases that have linked tables to other MDBs/ACCDBs that cannot be found
- The file format that is displayed in the title bar for Access 2010 databases is "(Access 2007)."
- Incorrect data is displayed when a user's query has a list that includes a combination of GroupBy and either OrderBy or Where
- "Invalid precision for decimal data type" or results are truncated when the user runs a crosstab query.
There are also a lot of “crash fixes”, all of which are important.